Why I Write: 2015 National Day on Writing
What, how, and why do you write?
October 20, 2015
The National Writing Project, NCTE, The New York Times Learning Network, and the Teaching Channel invite you to celebrate writing in all its forms: through photos, film, and graphics; pens, pencils, and computers; in graphs, etchings, and murals; on sidewalks, screens, and paper. This year we are asking people in our community to share their writing life with us. Post your writing during the National Day on Writing Tweet-Up on October 20 with the hashtag #whyiwrite.
#WhyIWrite: Exploring Writing Habits of Mind—Join the National Day on Writing #nctechat on Twitter on Sunday, October 18, 5:00 p.m. PDT/8:00 p.m. EDT.
- Sean McComb, Maryland Writing Project and 2014 National Teacher of the Year: #whyiwrite .
- New York Times Learning Network: "Why I Write: Q. and A. With Seven Times Journalists"
- The Daily Beast: "How I Write: Jane Goodall"
Essays, Stories, or Poems
Videos or TED Talks
- Why You Should Write: Misan Sagay, TEDxMarunouchiWomen
- Why I Write: Natasha Trethewey on Poetry, History, and Social Justice
For more information, contact Tanya Baker at email@example.com.