Three Rs of the Modern Era: Research Writing Rewired—An Educator Innovator Webinar
February 8, 2016
Join students and the authors of Research Writing Rewired, Troy Hicks and Dawn Reed, as they share their experiences with us of engaging in an inquiry-driven unit focusing on a collective study of culture, using a variety of texts and individual student literature books that led students to research topics, writing, and composing with various media. Participants will discuss the research process, writing a traditional research paper, purposeful use of digital tools, and media creation.
Guests for this webinar will include:
- Dr. Troy Hicks (host), Professor of English at Central Michigan University and Director of the Chippewa River Writing Project. Author of numerous books, articles, chapters, blog posts, and other resources broadly related to the teaching of literacy in our digital age.
- Dawn Reed, English teacher at Okemos High School in Okemos, Michigan, co-director of Red Cedar Writing Project at Michigan State University, and co-author of Research Writing Rewired: Lessons that Ground Students' Digital Learning (Corwin Literacy 2015).
- Student Participants:
- Matthew Chymyck
- Megan Grabill
- Kendra Peffers
- Allison Shears
- Zoya Shevchenko
- Preston Vanalstine
- Research Writing Rewired: Lessons that Ground Students' Digital Learning
- Teachers Teaching Teachers (TTT) #456: Rethinking the Research Process for Student Writers: Research Writing Rewired
- Digital Writing, Digital Teaching (Troy Hicks' Blog)
- When: Monday, February 8, 4:00 p.m. PST/7:00 p.m. EST
- Where: Three Rs of the Modern Era: Research Writing Rewired on Educator Innovator
- Other Ways to Participate: During the broadcast, join the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #connectedlearning and/or use the Q&A feature in Google Hangouts.
For more information, contact Liana Gamber-Thompson at email@example.com.