From Heroes to Villains or Back Again: Setting Off Creative Sparks for Young Makers to Supportive Communities of Practice (Part 2)—An Educator Innovator Webinar
February 18, 2016
As the "the world's largest community for storytellers," Wattpad is a free app and website that lets people discover and share stories about the things they love. More than 40 million people around the world turn to Wattpad to create and find stories that match their interests. Wattpad stories are serialized and the entire community participates in the storytelling process through comments, messages, and multimedia. Join us to learn more about this network and ways to connect. This hangout is the second in a 3-part series called "From Heroes to Villains or Back Again: Setting Off Creative Sparks for Young Makers with a Wattpad/DeviantArt 'Twist Fate' Challenge," which is being co-streamed at connectedlearning.tv .
Guests for this webinar will include:
- Candice Mack (host), Senior librarian and system-wide coordinator at the Los Angeles Public Library and current President of Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA)
- Jing Jing Tan, Community Engagement Lead at Wattpad
- Wattpad Writers Page
- How to Write Fanfiction - Resource from Wattpad
- How to Write for Online Engagement - Resource from Wattpad
- Teen Tech Week
- Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA)
- When: Thursday, February 18, 4:00 p.m. PST/7:00 p.m. EST
- Where: Storytelling and Making Redefined: Get to Know the Wattpad Community on Educator Innovator
- Other Ways to Participate: During the broadcast, join the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #connectedlearning and/or use the Q&A feature in the video player.
- Part 1 Connecting the Creative Sparks of Young Makers to Supportive Communities of Practice, February 11, 4:00 p.m. PST/7:00 p.m. EST
Resources for this webinar:
Other Webinars in this Series
For more information, contact Liana Gamber-Thompson at email@example.com.