Meet the "Deviants": Networked Artists and Makers of DeviantArt (Part 3)—An Educator Innovator Webinar
February 25, 2016
"We are the movement for the liberation of creative expression," states DeviantArt, a social network where artists and art enthusiasts share and discover each other's work. Its mission is to entertain, inspire, and empower the artist in all of us! Focused primarily on visual arts with participation from artists at every level of their development, its 38 million members and 60 million monthly users engage with over 2,500 categories of art. Join us to learn more about this network and ways to connect. This hangout is the third and final broadcast in a 3-part series called "From Heroes to Villains or Back Again: Setting Off Creative Sparks for Young Makers with a Wattpad/DeviantArt 'Twist Fate' Challenge," which is being co-streamed at connectedlearning.tv .Guests for this webinar will include:
- Mimi Ito (host), Cultural anthropologist, research director of the Digital Media and Learning Hub at UC Irvine, and co-founder of Connected Camps
- Josh Wattles, Advisor in Chief, DeviantArt
- Storytelling with Brian Kesinger, artist, writer, and animator at Walt Disney Studies (for DeviantArt)
- Community of Artists with Brian Kesinger, artist, writer, and animator at Walt Disney Studies (for DeviantArt)
- Fan Artwith Brian Kesinger, artist, writer, and animator at Walt Disney Studies (for DeviantArt)
- Teen Tech Week
- Connected Learning Alliance
- When: Thursday, February 25, 4:00 p.m. PST/7:00 p.m. EST
- Where: Meet the "Deviants": Networked Artists and Makers of DeviantArt on Educator Innovator
- Other Ways to Participate: During the broadcast, join the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #connectedlearning and/or use the Q&A feature in the video player.
For more information, contact Liana Gamber-Thompson at email@example.com.