Networked Narratives: Studio Visit with Howard Rheingold & Mamie Rheingold
February 21, 2017
Networed Narratives (#netnarr) is an open connected course of digital storytelling, world building, civic imagination, and a bit of digital alchemy hosted online and as a course at Kean University during the Spring 2017.
This week's studio visit, co-streamed at Educator Innovator, is with Howard Rheingold and Mamie Rheingold, and the focus will be on the question: What does it mean to be "Net Smart"?
How have reading and writing literacies transformed due to new media tools and forums? How can we better prepare our students to read/write in this 21st century context?
This field trip will be a session in which we discuss network culture, and then ponder the role of new storytelling applications. Mamie Rheingold will share "On Universe". We will play with the new app before the session, and then we will discuss what we made and what we think we can do with the tool. How do new tools help us think outside the box when we make & design new stories?
Participants for this Webinar Include:
- Howard Rheingold , author & artist
- Mamie Rheingold , application developer
- Mia Zamora , Kean University Writing Project
- Alan Levine , CogDog
- Kean University students
- When: Tuesday, February 21, 10:00 a.m. PST/1:00 p.m. EST
- Where: Networked Narratives: Studio Visit with Howard Rheingold & Mamie Rheingold on Educator Innovator
- Other Ways to Participate: During the broadcast, join the conversation on Twitter using the hashtags #connectedlearning and #netnarr.
For more information, contact Educator Innovator at firstname.lastname@example.org.