Growing Up American-Muslim: Challenges and Opportunities in the Classroom & Beyond—An Educator Innovator Webinar
March 24, 2017
In this webinar, educators, scholars and students convene to discuss the experiences of American-Muslim students and teachers inside and out of the classroom. Participants will consider the impact of Islamophobia, how—and if—to tackle politics in the classroom, how to create safe spaces for students from all backgrounds, and ways to support diverse learning.
Participants for this Webinar Include:
- Sangita Shresthova (host), Director of the Media, Activism, and Participatory Politics Project at USC
- Yomna Elsayed, Doctoral Candidate, Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism at USC
- Sarah Abolail
- Ammerah Saidi, Program Coordinator for the Detroit Future Schools Program
- When: Friday, March 24, 10:00 a.m. PDT/11:00 a.m. EDT
- Where: Growing Up American-Muslim: Challenges and Opportunities in the Classroom & Beyond on Educator Innovator
For more information, contact Educator Innovator at email@example.com.