Letters to the Next President 2.0—An Educator Innovator Webinar
February 1, 2016
Building on the success of the Letters to the Next President initiative in 2008, version 2.0 (L2P 2.0) continues to leverage the excitement of a national election to power civic learning for a new generation of teachers, mentors, and youth. Join us to hear from youth and educators about the power of participating in the previous iteration of L2P while learning more about the growing set of opportunities and resources available to educators and mentors in support of youth voice and engagement in the lead up to the 2016 Presidential Election.
Ways to Participate
During the broadcast, join the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #2nextprez and/or use the Q&A feature in the video player.Guests for this webinar will include:
- Elyse Eidman-Aadahl (host), Executive Director of the National Writing Project
- Ellen Shelton, Site Director at the University of Mississippi Writing Project and former high school teacher from the Tupelo School District, Tupelo, MS
- Chris Sloan, English & Media teacher at Judge Memorial High School in Utah; Ed Psych & Ed Tech (EPET) Ph.D. candidate at Michigan State University
- Michael Thompson, Coordinator of Alternative Licensure and Site Director at the Bisti Writing Project at San Juan College, New Mexico
- When: Monday, February 1, 4:00 p.m. PST/7:00 p.m. EST
- Where: Letters to the Next President 2.0 on
- Other Ways to Participate: During the broadcast, join the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #2nextprez and/or use the Q&A feature in Google Hangouts.
For more information, contact Liana Gamber-Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org.