Engaging Teens as Changemakers: A KidsTales.org Case Study—An Educator Innovator Webinar
February 7, 2017
How can you engage teens to be Changemakers? KidsTales.org, a nonprofit founded by a kid for kids, will present their changemaking story and explore how to create, engage, and sustain teen changemakers. KidsTales.org brings creative writing workshops, taught by teen instructors, to 8 to 12 year old kids that do not have access to writing experiences outside of school. During a Kids Tales workshop, kids spend a week creating their very own short story. At the end of the week, the stories are assembled in a collection and self-published as a real, physical anthology. This past summer Kids Tales taught workshops in five countries, serving 400 kids and engaging 100 teen writing instructors.
During the broadcast, the conversation will also take place on Twitter using the hashtag #connectedlearning.
Participants for this Webinar Include:
- Kevin Hodgson (host), teaches 6th grade at the William E. Norris Elementary School in Southampton, MA and is the Outreach Co-Director with the Western Massachusetts Writing Project. He is active on Twitter and blogs at Kevin's Meandering Mind.
- Katie Eder, founded Kids Tales, a non-profit that runs creative writing workshop for kids 8-12. At 16, she is the Executive Director of the organization and the recipient of a number of other honors, including being named an International Literacy Association 30 Under 30 Literacy Champion.
- Additional Guests
Resources for this webinar:
- Kids Tales
- Kids Tales Student Writers Author Page at Amazon
- Kevin Hodgson's Blog - Kevin's Meandering Mind
- When: Tuesday, February 7, 4:00 p.m. PST/7:00 p.m. EST
- Where: Engaging Teens as Changemakers: A KidsTales.org Case Study on Educator Innovator
For more information, contact Rusty Barnes at email@example.com.